Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy Father’s Day

The United States is one of the few countries in the world that has an official day on which fathers are honored by their children. On the third Sunday in June, fathers all across the United States and world are given presents, treated to dinner or otherwise made to feel special.
India is a sentimental nation also not far from celebrating such wonderful festivals, however we still believe that each day is special in which we have been taking breaths and getting love, support and affection from our parents, Hence each day should be treated as Father’s or Mother’s day to make sure that their love vice-a-versa reaches each other.
In my case, I am blessed to have a father like mine; Mr. Subhash Rana is a 65 years old gentleman, who has been instrumental in curving my life into a positive one. Starting from schooling to college to jobs, I have seen my father changing gears in his attitude. He was always tough to impress at school times, very easy to communicate and reachable person in college days and very wise person to guide us in our professional or personal crisis at this point in time.
Millions of fathers support their children, love them and care for them but in my case my Dad was a bit different. He was rock solid at all the time and have always made sure that all his 3 kids gets best out of him when it comes to learning and paving the path in this tough competitive world.
After my fatal accident in 2002, I became a paraplegic and left with no other option then to ride myself in a wheel chair. At this hour of need he was always with me and taught me, guided me and motivated me to become what I am today. He was thoroughly backed me up at the very critical condition of my health and today, he takes pride for me to start my life from where I lived. Today he is happy to see me going to office, playing wheelchair tennis, working for unprivileged children in an Ngo and also for my fighting spirit throughout this year.
I think it was his motivation, care and support that helped to swim across this huge ocean of difficulties and with him I always think I am safe, secure and I feel very special. I know a few of my friends who had lost their parents in a very young age and I can actually understand their pain.
Hence, this is my request and a suggestion to each one of you to please celebrate this day regularly, hug your parents, spent some time with them and give them their due respect, after all they have been so kind to us to bring us to this level.
Dad, I love you and would love to see you as my Dad in all my coming birth on this mother earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment