Sunday 3 June 2012

Satyamev Jayate – Don’t Hate Love

Satyamev Jayate in many ways has brought a lot of positives with it, I still remember the day when we as a kid used to wait for Super Sunday to watch all mythological and cartoon programs, all the family members including Grandma and Grandpa used to sit in the Hall in front of the TV. They used to sip their tea/coffee and we used to have our milk, chocolates and a lot of fun with our friends and counterparts, I remember those moments often before going to bed in the night but look that day has finally been bestowed by Amir and his team in the form of Satyamev Jayate. Today again with our breakfast, tea, coffee and other eatables sit in front of the TV and enjoy the learning and change our soul with positive thinking. 
Today’s episode of Satyamev Jayate begins with a couple where the female was normal from a physical point of view but the male was physically challenged. Both of them fall in love with each other and wanted to start a new life together after marrying each other. This is absolutely not normal at least in India. If the girl wants to marry someone who is physically challenged and he is not from the same caste then it’s not acceptable in their vicinity and everyone thinks and treats them as if they have done a big crime. I am being a paraplegic has also faced a similar kind of situation where my wife’s parents were absolutely adamant. They used to make her understand that she will lead a disabled life, she will not be able to relish ever with me, I won’t be able to take care of her, I won’t be able to take her out for outing and many more such negative discernments which is not acceptable. In the society also people see me as a role model but only in front of me, but as soon as, I leave people start talking all the crap about me and my wife. I don’t understand why society always sees the negative part in any one, instead of appreciating a person from marrying a differently abled person like me; they take the advantage of my disability. I am sure, every single differently abled person had to put more than 200% to compete with a normal person and a lot of time they even defeat the so called normal persons, and people still thinks that they are someone who needs our sympathy and they should not be treated as normal or they should not be given a healthy life partner. I think, I have taken birth to prove this and to change the approach of society, community, district, state, country and the entire world that don’t treat us like a debris, given a chance we had and we will prove our metal and we are not disabled we are just differently abled. By the grace of God, I have proven all the proclamations wrong to my wife’s well-wishers. I have been working 10hrs in a day in a multinational company and withdrawing handsome salary, I have been helping my wife with all household works, and we generally go out on the weekends and on long holidays across the country. So, where is the problem, I guess it is only in the mind.
Satyamev Jayate has really done awesome work in researching this topic that if a young wannabe who can have the power to elect his prime minister why he can’t select his life partner. If parents and society won’t change their mentality with the time then it is unquestionably going to produce more and more Manoj and Babbly in the country. I still remember my Grandma reciting my parents love story. It was in the year 1974, some 37 years back, when my mom and dad fall in love and entire society was against my grandma as my Dad was Himachali Punjabi and my mom was a Brahmin Bengali girl. My Grandma single handedly took the decision and gone against the society and relatives to tie their knots. I was just wondering, if 37 years back my Grandma had such a loyal and good vision why can’t we also change our perception and that too in the age of the iPhone, laptops, and multimedia and in 3rd Generation. Enormously thought provoking, we must also change with the world to make this world a better place to live. As sung by MJ “Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race, there are people dying, care enough for them, and make it a better place for you and for me”. Trust the differently abled people and don’t ever hate love because love is something which connects the entire world and this is the only similarity we have as a human being in every corner of this universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment