Sunday 21 April 2013

Rare Things happen once in a while—Short Story


Acts of kindness are rarely seen by someone needing help. It's not everyday that you witness an act of kindness, but some people help others the best they can. A co-worker who I work with, Ieshia, is willing to help out any customer who she can. One day she had a customer who could barely walk up to the cash register. As soon as he finished his order, she helped him to his seat and helped him with his food to his table. No matter how busy she is, she'll take her time just to help out others even though she knows that it is not required.

Another person who I have in mind is my general manager, Carolyn. One day I had a customer forgot to bring her money with her, so she said, "Let me go back home and get my money. Then I'll be right back to pay for my order." My manager, Carolyn, insisted for her not to leave; instead, my manager got her own money and paid for my customer's meal. Carolyn is always trying to help others the best she can. One day a customer came in and was crying, and Carolyn had no clue who she was but that didn't stop her. She went into the lobby and sat there with the lady and just tried her best to comfort the customer to make her feel better. And she did, after Carolyn had talked to her. Even though we know that little things like this aren't our problems, we all feel sometimes that this is what we have to do in life - helping out others, even though it's not our duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment